I am a green smoothie fan. It’s a lazy way towards your 5-A-Day. A friend of mine shared this recipe with me, originally from the Sirt food diet. It’s a juice recipe but I think it’s such a waste to throw away the solids and they don’t add that much to the calories anyway.
- 2 large handfuls (75g) kale
- a large handful (30g) rocket
- a very small handful (5g) flat-leaf parsley
- a very small handful (5g) lovage leaves (optional)
- 2–3 large stalks (150g) green celery, including its leaves
- ½ medium green apple
- juice of ½ lemon
- ½ level tsp matcha green tea
She omits the green tea and adds mint, cucumber and chia seeds (the latter for protein). I prefer it less “earthy” and add orange and a handful of spinach too (for a creamier texture).
I don’t know much about the Sirt food diet but any diet advocating dark chocolate and red wine is one I think I could stick too! Cheers!