Here is a recipe to boost your vitamin D levels whilst we wait for the sun to shine. Even my fish averse 8-year old son loves this (minus the chilli)!
4 salmon fillets with skin
For the marinade:
- 4 dessertspoons each of light and dark soya sauce
- Juice of 1 lemon or lime
- 2 dessertspoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 dessertspoon clear honey
- 4 teaspoons grated ginger
- 4 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 2 finely chopped green chillies (optional)
- Half a teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 finely chopped spring onions
- 4 dessertspoons finely chopped fresh coriander
- 4 dessertspoons water
Mix all the marinade ingredients together in a bowl
Place the salmon fillets in an ovenproof dish skin side down.
Pour the marinade evenly over the fillets.
Turn the salmon fillets skin side up and leave to marinade for 4-8 hours.
Grill under a medium heat, starting skin side up for about 5 minutes. When skin is crispy and golden, turn the fillets over and grill for a further 5 minutes or until cooked to liking. Serve with rice or noodles and some of the remaining marinade from the dish.
In a rush? Cook straight away but baste the fillets with the marinade from the pan every 2-3 minutes whilst grilling.